University Research and Enterprise Committee – (UREC)
The University Research and Enterprise Committee at ASU is responsible for the promotion and support of university’s research endeavor in accordance with the university strategic plan. URC advises the Academic Board and the Vice-Chancellor on all matters relating to the research at ASU.
- Chair Person
Dr. Rayya Al Balushi
- Prof. Sam Wamuziri
- Prof. Nabil Sultan
- Dr. Abdullah Al Tobi
- Dr. Saleh Said Al Mamari
- Dr. Mohanad Osman Adam Bashari
- Prof. Falah Alani
- Dr. Esam Al Lawati
- Dr. Yaqoob Al Harthi
- Dr. Khalid Dahleez
- Dr.Ayman El Saleh
- Mr. Yasir Ellathody
- Major Role:
- Develop and review the research strategy and systems to ensure excellence in research, innovation, training and knowledge transfer.
- Build ASU’s research plan and capacity for disciplinary and multidisciplinary research and establish research priorities.
- Evaluate and approve research projects/ training and visits and monitor and follow up the same in accordance with the rules.
- Develop and review policies, procedures and regulations governing all research activities including the policies on research ethics, biosafety and IP at ASU.
- Propose and allocate the budget for research activities at ASU.
- Take measures to enhance and monitor the quality of ASU’s research performance and research facilities/environment.
- To initiate the means of research cooperation and collaboration with universities /research centers/industries outside the university at the national and international level.
- To prepare annual report on the research activities at ASU. To establish a research database